Global initiatives and standards
Major initiatives to ratchet up allegiance to ESG and climate change commitments on a corporate and global scale have been generated, and Hg is at the forefront of them. Working together on shared goals with other agents in the private market brings transparency, knowledge sharing and benchmarking, and ramps up progress towards those goals.
By collaborating with our peers and partners, we do our part in advocating and accelerating ESG performance in private equity. Hg is proud to be part of the following partnerships and initiatives.
Launched in New York in 2006, the PRI has grown to more than 4,300 signatories, managing over $121 trillion AUM. Scoring A+ and A+ for Strategy and Governance and Private Equity Ownership
The Principles for Responsible Investment (PRI) is the world’s leading proponent of responsible investment.
Supported by the United Nations, it works to understand the investment implications of environmental, social and governance (ESG) factors and to support its international network of investor signatories in incorporating these factors into their investment and ownership decisions. Hg has the highest rating possible from the UNPRI and is fully committed to their six principles:
- Incorporate ESG issues into investment analysis and decision-making processes.
- Be active owners and incorporate ESG issues into our ownership policies and practices.
- Seek appropriate disclosure on ESG issues by the entities in which we invest.
- Promote acceptance and implementation of the Principles within the investment industry.
- Work together to enhance our effectiveness in implementing the Principles.
- Report on our activities and progress towards implementing the Principles.